Articles on this Page
- 06/24/16--07:48: _Youth Livestock Ani...
- 07/01/16--07:28: _Better Bites
- 07/21/16--11:31: _2016 Manure Spill R...
- 07/21/16--11:35: _2016 Manure Spill P...
- 07/22/16--08:28: _Managing Tillage an...
- 07/22/16--09:09: _Grant Programs and ...
- 07/28/16--07:29: _NRCS Announces EQIP...
- 08/02/16--10:09: _64th ANNUAL SPOONER...
- 05/16/16--10:53: _Alfalfa Quality Mon...
- 05/18/16--07:48: _Fruit Production
- 10/07/16--08:45: _2017 CAFO Workshops
- 10/07/16--08:51: _Making Manure into ...
- 07/08/13--12:53: _Agriculture Employm...
- 02/12/15--09:08: _lmpact of Agricultu...
- 10/17/16--08:29: _Emerald Ash Borer F...
- 10/24/16--08:46: _Veterinary Feed Dir...
- 10/24/16--13:27: _Wisconsin Agricultu...
- 10/31/16--13:29: _We Need Socks!!
- 10/31/16--13:29: _Mark Your Calendars...
- 11/01/16--06:55: _Livestock Learning ...
- 06/24/16--07:48: Youth Livestock Animal Projects in 4-H
- 07/01/16--07:28: Better Bites
- 07/21/16--11:31: 2016 Manure Spill Response Guide
- 07/21/16--11:35: 2016 Manure Spill Prevention
- 07/28/16--07:29: NRCS Announces EQIP Signup for 2017 Funding
- 08/02/16--10:09: 64th ANNUAL SPOONER SHEEP DAY
- 05/16/16--10:53: Alfalfa Quality Monitoring Report
- 05/18/16--07:48: Fruit Production
- 10/07/16--08:45: 2017 CAFO Workshops
- 10/07/16--08:51: Making Manure into More
- 07/08/13--12:53: Agriculture Employment Guidelines
- 02/12/15--09:08: lmpact of Agriculture on Manitowoc County
- 10/24/16--08:46: Veterinary Feed Directive
- 10/24/16--13:27: Wisconsin Agricultural Education Center
- 10/31/16--13:29: We Need Socks!!
- 10/31/16--13:29: Mark Your Calendars – 2017 State Fair Dairy Cattle Exhibitors
- 11/01/16--06:55: Livestock Learning Event
Dear 4-H Families enrolled in the Youth Livestock Animal projects in Wisconsin 4-H: As a way of introduction, my name is Bernadette (Bernie) O’Rourke, the Extension Youth Livestock Specialist. I work with 4-H, FFA and other youth animal associations in the Beef, Sheep, Swine and Meat Goat areas. I provide leadership for youth animal projects […]
MANITOWOC – In an effort to help educate children about healthy food and nutrition, the Manitowoc Family Aquatic Center will offer food samples for kids to taste and rate. Once the ratings are compiled, the concession stand will work to incorporate favorite items into the menu. According to a project called Better Bites, which incorporates healthy foods into park concession […]
Learn what to do if you see a manure spill in Manitowoc County. 2016 Manitowoc County Manure Spill Response Guide
Learn how to prevent manure spills. 2016 Manitowoc County Manure Spill Prevention Guide
Managing Tillage and Reducing Soil Compaction for Improved Soil Health Soil health is the foundation for productive cropping systems. Healthy soils provide: nutrients to plants good soil structure aggregation allowing water and air to infiltrate root zones biological activities that are important for recycling plant nutrients. Managing-Tillage-and-Reducing-Soil-Compaction-for-Improved-Soil-Health-Brochure
Join us for a workshop designed to help you identify which grants or other financial options might be right for you. This workshop will discuss ways to plan your project and strengthen your application. Specific grant programs to be covered. Event Location Crystal Falls Banquet Hall 1500 Handschke Drive New London, WI 54961 Cost is […]
EQIP is primary program available to farmers for farm and woodland conservation work, offering payments for over 110 basic conservation practices. Last year, Wisconsin received about $21 million in funds for EQIP practices. Please apply by September 2, 2016. Contact Manitowoc County:Matt Rataczak, (920) 683-5119 Ext #3 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Calumet County: Joe Smedberg, (920) […]
Spooner Agricultural Research Station of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Spooner, Wisconsin Saturday, August 27, 2016 Sheep Day Flyer 2016 8:30 a.m. Registration – Station Headquarters, W6646 Hwy 70, Spooner, WI 54801 9:20 Welcome – Administration, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS), UW-Madison, Madison, WI 9:30 Spooner Sheep Research and Discovery, 1968-1983 – Richard Vatthauer, […]
Hello everyone, Warmer temperatures have really pushed alfalfa growth and maturity. Six of the 9 fields being monitored by the Manitowoc County Forage Council have been harvested. Several dairy farmers chose to cut the alfalfa in order to achieve 165+ RFV coming out of storage Attached please find the results of alfalfa quality monitoring from […]
It’s been a tough year so far for fruit production. Due to the sudden and unexpected cold temperatures throughout much of the state, we are providing an additional supplementary issue of the Wisconsin Fruit News today, with articles relating to post-frost damage mitigation (see link below). We hope you find this useful! Wisconsin-Fruit-News-vol1-Frost-Supplement […]
An update meeting for WPDES permitted CAFO owners & managers, nutrient management plan writers and engineers. 2017-cafo-workshops
As part of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh’s mission to become a more sustainable institution, UW -Oshkosh and partners have constructed the nation’s first commercial-scale dry fermentation anaerobic biogas system on campus, and two biogas at dairy farms. Take the opportunity to join other dairy industry members for a behind the scenes tour of three very […]
Agricultural Employment Guidelines June 2013 Ken Barnett, Extension Educator, Center for Dairy Profitability I. Summary of Wisconsin Minimum Wage* 1. Minimum Rates – Agricultural employment (Effective 7/24/09) a) Adults – 18 years $7.25/hr b) Minors 17 years of age and under $7.25/hr For State & Federal provisions on opportunity wage, contact Wisconsin Department of […]
Agriculture works hard for Manitowoc County every day. Family-owned farms, food processors and agriculture-related businesses generate thousands of jobs and millions of dollars of economic activity while contributing to local income and tax revenues. Manitowoc County is an agricultural powerhouse. The county is home to about 110,000 dairy cattle compared to approximately 81,000 people. Dairy […]
Emerald Ash Borer Found in Manitowoc County; No Change in County’s Quarantine Status Contacts: Donna Gilson, 608-224-5130, email@example.com Bill Cosh, Communications Director, 608-224-5020, William2.Cosh@wi.gov MADISON – Emerald ash borer has been confirmed for the first time in Manitowoc County, in a private woodlot in the Town of Schleswig. Although EAB had […]
There is only one thing for certain in our lives: change. And if you are a producer who uses antimicrobial medicated feed for prevention or treatment of disease in livestock, a modification to how you currently purchase this feed is looming on the horizon. In the factsheet Veterinary Feed Directive, UW-Extension Oconto County Agriculture Agent […]
To learn more about the Wisconsin Agricultural Education Center http://buildwaec.org/
The 4-H Ambassadors are doing a “sock” drive. We invite all 4-H clubs to collect socks of any size and type (from babies, toddlers, elementary, middle school, high school age, adults). The socks will be given to the Southfield Townhouse Manager who will distribute them to need family in the townhouse complex. The 4-H Ambassadors […]
Just a reminder that individuals between the ages of 12 and 19 as of January 1, 2017 are eligible to exhibit dairy cattle at the 2017 Wisconsin State Fair. Individuals must be in good standing with an accredited youth organization including 4-H, FFA, and the Wisconsin Junior Holstein Association. For those Manitowoc County youth who […]
A Livestock Learning Event sponsored by Country Visions Cooperative and others will be held on March 11, 2017 at a new location – UW-Sheboygan Campus. Please see attached flyer for more information. livestock-learning-event